Basketball Motivation - Playing With No Regrets > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

자유게시판

Basketball Motivation - Playing With No Regrets

페이지 정보

작성자 Emilio 작성일23-09-28 12:46 조회14회 댓글0건

본문

Basketball Motivation - Playing With No Regrets It’s the off-season for most young basketball players in the country right now and it makes me wonder what kids are doing with their time. I’m 38 years old and I still love playing basketball and working on my game. I also have serious regrets about how my basketball career went. I was one of the kids that worked hard on my game and even still, I wonder “what if” all the time.

I wish so bad I could go back and do certain things different which makes me pose the question, what are you doing today to be a better player? I ran into a High School friend of mine who decided that he didn’t want to play basketball his last year of High School. It’s been 20 years now and he still wishes he would’ve played. Why didn’t he play? He had a girlfriend at the time and was very into his social life.

He wanted to have his freedom each day after school instead of being tied down with practice. 20 years later and it still bothers him. The girlfriend is long gone and he doesn’t even remember what he did after school. It probably consisted of watching television and playing video games. What are you doing today to be a better player? What are you doing to insure that you won’t have any regrets 20 years from now? The opportunity to play organized basketball is a very short window in your life and you will most certainly look back in regret if you don’t take full advantage of it.

The best players do what they have to do and then move on with life. That means that they get up early and get the work in before doing anything else. Usually we prioritize what’s important to us in and effort to make sure the important things get done first. Get up in the morning and get to a gym. If you have an issue with conditioning, then get out and do something else. Do some jump-rope or organize some competitive scrimmage games.

Do whatever you have to. What did I do to be a better player? I spent my summers in a church gym in my strength shoes. I jumped and ran and shot until I couldn’t feel my arms or legs. I shot off the dribble, off a jump-stop and worked on both hands. Then I would go outside and run. I would run hills in my strength shoes until I wore them out. My motivation was getting that letter of intent that I had always dreamed of.

I just wanted to sign with a Division I program. When I signed with the University of Utah it was one of the best days of my life. It felt like all the work had paid off and was worth it. But actually that’s where my regret comes in. Once I signed I felt like I was done. I felt like I had arrived. I had spent so much time with that as my focus that I became content. I thought I was good enough but really I wasn’t. Set your sights on goals like scholarships but also set your sights on your potential and doing all that you can.

If you liked this short article and you would like to acquire much more information with regards to praca kierowca anglia zakwaterowanie kindly pay a visit to our web page.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회사소개 | 개인정보취급방침 |

상호 : (주)다중지능연구소 | 대표이사 : 김범수 | 사업자등록번호 : 106-86-3186 | 주소 : 서울시 마포구 독막로 19길, 15 BR엘리텔 B동 201호 (121-828)
대표전화 : 02-704-6615 | 팩스 : 02-704-6693 | 이메일 : [email protected] Copyright © (주)다중지능연구소 All rights reserved.